Google has released a new set of ethics for AI applications, likely in response to the PR disaster that was their partnership with the DoD (and seriously, is that patch for real?). But that doesn’t mean their new principles are bad, they look good to me.
- Be socially beneficial
- Avoid creating or reinforcing unfair bias
- Be built and tested for safety
- Be accountable to people
- Incorporate privacy design principles
- Uphold high standards of scientific excellence
- Be made available for uses that accord with these principles
These strike me as good principles to use in lots of domains extending far beyond AI.