I’m bullish on AI assistants so I enjoyed this roadmap of their development. We are currently in stage 2 with some companies successfully entering stage 3 in well defined cases. 🔜
- Notification Assistants a.k.a. the wave of dumb chatbots that sent you notifications you could have gotten from an app 📯
- FAQ Assistants – you are here 📍Alexa, Hey Google, Siri, Cortana, etc.
- Contextual Assistants – like Alexa but better, allowing for a more contextual approach to Q&A by understanding modifier questions: what’s the weather? > how about tomorrow? ❓
- Personalized Assistants – like Alfred but you don’t need the bat ears 🕴
- Autonomous Organization of Assistants a.k.a. the day the DMV finally becomes efficient 🤖